- Increase understanding of mental health crisis hold and court ordered admission process.
- Increase provider competence through awareness of trauma informed practices regarding mental health crisis holds.
- Increase provider competence through awareness of overall mental health crisis hold process through diverse perspectives of those involved in the process and the challenges experienced.
- Increase mental health crisis system efficacy and efficiency through increased awareness of best practices to implement and gaps to address.
- Identify opportunities to clarify and enhance the mental health crisis hold and involuntary treatment process throughout the state.
All participants involved with the mental health crisis hold process including, but not limited to:
- Law enforcement
- Crisis Intervention Teams/ Mobile Outreach Safety Teams
- Hospital staff and administrators
- Treatment providers
- Peers and family
- Policy makers